¡

BIENVENIDO, Invitado ( Identifícate | Registrase )

11 Páginas V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SELECCION NUEVOS EQUIPOS F1 (Para Temporada 2011), Para comentar todo el proceso de selección del equipo a entar en 2011
LOGANF1
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 09:57 AM
Publicado: #1

LOGANF1

Grupo: Members
De: Spain
Usuario No.: 3.688

Bueno si tiene que haber un nuevo equipo en 2011, espero que sea Epsilon Euskadi...así que para apoyar la causa:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/...on-aims-for-f1/

Epsilon aims for F1

March 22, 2010 by joesaward

Epsilon Euskadi says that it will be bidding for the 13th available Formula 1 franchise. The team was involved in a bid last year but lost out to Campos (now HRT), USF1, Manor (now Virgin Racing) and Lotus. This was surprising given the impressive facilities that the team has built close to Vitoria-Gasteiz, the capital city of the autonomous community of the Basque Country, in northern Spain.

The team is owned and run by Joan Villadelprat, who says that he was stuck in a classic chicken and egg situation last year as the FIA wanted proof of the teams financing and his sponsor wanted the guarantee of an entry before making a commitment.

From Barcelona, Joan first encountered F1 at Montjuich Park in 1971 and he immediately decided that he wanted to get involved. He worked for a while in the under-developed Spanish racing scene before joining the Equipo Nacional Espanol, a team that had been designed to promote young talent in Spain. The drivers were Fermin Velez and Jordi Caton and they raced Ralts in international Formula 3, against future stars such as Nelson Piquet, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Derek Warwick. The money eventually ran out and Villadelprat moved on to the team that had impressed him the most in Britain an operation called Project Four Racing, run by a young Ron Dennis. For the next eight years he worked for Dennis, switching to McLaren when Marlboro engineered a merger between the old F1 team and Denniss ambitious young operation. Those were great years with the McLaren-TAG combination winning three straight Drivers titles with Niki Lauda and Alain Prost. In 1987 former McLaren technical director John Barnard lured Villadelprat away to Ferrari, where he became chief mechanic. At the end of 1989 he was recruited by Tyrrell as team manager but after a promising season in 1990, the team had a disappointing year and Joan was then hired by Benetton. He quickly became Operations Director and went on to oversee two World Championship titles for Michael Schumacher in 1994 and 95. He stayed on until the start of 2000 but then went home to Spain with the aim of setting up his own F1 team in Barcelona. When sponsor Telefonica decided against the plan, Joan joined Prost Grand Prix as Managing Director. It would be a short-lived job. The team went out of business at the start of 2002 and once again Joan went back to Spain to embark on a new project. He formed an alliance with Frances Epsilon Sport to run a project in the Nissan World Series in Spain. The team was given the name Epsilon Euskadi and it was soon very competitive. In 2005 it won the series, which had been rebadged as the Renault World Series, with a young driver called Robert Kubica. Villadelprat then bought out his partners and teamed up with his old driver Caton, and Epsilon has been quietly expanding ever since.

Villadelprats policy has been not only to aim for F1 but also to lay the groundwork for future Spanish teams.

Since we started Epsilon we have taken three or four guys each year from the technical high school and trained them to be mechanics, he says. If they have the right attitude, then we keep them. Now we have a Masters degree course, which is linked to Mondragon University. This is for graduate engineers who want to be involved in motorsport. So we are training new engineers all the time. That is part of the process. From the beginning of the project we were aiming to combine high technology and innovation with racing, education and an industrial element as well. When we started out in 2003, we bought one team and we slowly grew. We had young guys and we needed funding for their ambitions. The Spanish Ministry of Innovation was interested and offered suitable business loans to aid the development process. You apply and you get very good conditions. You get 15-year loans at very reasonable interest rates. We have two of those from the Spanish government. The local Basque authority was also interested and was looking to invest European Union money to create research and have things for them to do so we started another team. Then we said that we wanted to show the world that we could be a constructor. We did not have what we needed to do that and so we started thinking of how it could be achieved. We were not thinking about F1 at all. We wanted to build a suitable facility that could do all the things that we want to do.

Villadelprat and Caton recruited top engineers Sergio Rinland and Henri Durand while also looking at ways to get government development facilities in its region.

When we decided to build a sportscar for the Le Mans 24 Hours we began to look for customers and we had some lined up. Obviously the recession came along and the orders disappeared. We had the old factory but we broke ground on the new one in February 2008. At that time the whole world was not collapsing and the idea was to look at markets apart from Formula 1. There are lots of other categories and when you look at it there are only a handful of companies who can manufacture racing cars. We would like to have a percentage of that market.

The Epsilon factory has cost around $60m to build and includes everything that a motor racing company could need, including a 60 percent scale rolling road wind tunnel.

At the back of my mind I figured that the facility could one day be used for Formula 1, Villadelprat admits. If one day the sun and the moon are in alignment and there is a chance to go to F1 then we would take it. Although the recession slowed things down, as one door closed another opened.

What we have been doing is to slowly show people what is possible, he says. I started out when a guy wanted to set up a Nissan World Series team and wanted to get money from the government and asked me to be a consultant. From there we were able to convince them to help us create an industry. It started with the school for mechanics and engineers and was followed by teams and drivers. Then we created the Le Mans car, which was a product that we could sell, and now we are building a manufacturing base. We are creating an industry. Maybe it is not the right time to do this, but we cannot stop. We need to push on. I dont know how long it will take, but one day we will be there in F1. I am convinced of that. We have the facility, the people, the know-how, the means and the tools to do that.

Finding money for motorsport in Spain has never been easy, but Joan says that it is a very different story to find money for F1 rather than for the Le Mans 24 Hours.

We have Alonso, he says. We have two Grands Prix. We have circuits and we have a lot of testing in the winter. F1 is important in Spain. It is really hard to get a penny for Le Mans, although it was a tremendous thing last year that for the first time a Spanish driver Marc Gene has won there. That got a lot of media coverage but we were there with the first Spanish-built car ever to race at Le Mans and no-one noticed. Pegaso did enter some cars back in the 1950s but they never qualified.

Although the Epsilon did not figure strongly in the race, it was the source of enormous pride for Villadelprat.

It is a question of mentality and education. I dont know if it is politically correct to say it, but people in Spain do not think that we can do the things that we are doing. They think that we must have bought the wind tunnel second-hand rather than having built it ourselves. They think that you cannot do these things in Spain. That is what they do in England and in Germany, but not in Spain. We need to change that mentality. I spent years in some high places in F1 but it was never really noticed. Now things are changing, but maybe it is a question of timing. Maybe I was born too early.

You have to open your mind and look at the opportunities out there, he continues. We have had windmills being developed in the tunnel and we did a project also to improve the efficiency of the football. We have other projects with customers in racing and with car manufacturers. Right now in Spain there are three or four roadcar projects we are helping. They are not very well known yet. We are open to any kind of business. We spent six or seven months developing the 2009 sportscar design so we will have to see what happens. We are talking to possible customers, but that largely depends on the economy.

The important thing is that we keep going forwards. We have tremendous potential. We have people like Sergio and Henri, both of whom have enormous experience. We have a lot of good people. We can design and manufacture cars from Formula Ford to Formula 1.

If you ask him about the people who have influenced him in his career, Joan is very clear.

Ron Dennis, he says immediately. I admire him. He has been tremendous. I can call him a friend and he has always helped me. We have had fights too, particularly when I was running Benetton and he was at McLaren. People do not realise what he has done, starting from where he started. Not many people in the world have done that. I admire his way of thinking and his attention to detail. I believe in the same things. I had the good luck to be with him for seven years and I learned a lot. Sure, he has his negative points too but he taught me to work in an ordered fashion. When I went to Ferrari the team was a disaster. The youngest race mechanics were 50 plus and I was a 30-year old Spaniard trying to get them to change. I was the first foreigner to be the chief mechanic. I think I did a good job there.

John Barnard really helped me to understand mechanical things. He taught me to find out the reasons for things, step by step, so that one could understand the problems. If I am a good mechanic, it is thanks to him. I moved to Tyrrell and we had some good people there, with Harvey Postlethwaite, Jean-Claude Migeot and we had a good year with very little money, so I got the experience of working with a lot of money and then working with very little. When I went to Benetton I was really running the team. I designed it, employed the people, created the team spirit. It was different to other teams. Flavio Briatore does not understand much, but if he trusts you he lets you do what you want. I learned from the mistakes I made there. After that I went to Prost and I found out how to lose. It was really lost before I got there, but they had everything that they needed apart from management. So what you see here is a result of a little bit of everything.

The Epsilon factory is mightily impressive. It has been designed with all the departments in the right places, with plenty of space and light. It is huge and includes not only all the manufacturing and race team areas but also an upstairs section which not only houses offices but also allows people to see the whole facility below, without interfering with the way it is run. If there are visitors, they need not be disruptive. And it has been cleverly thought through. All the extraneous machinery has cunningly been hidden away inside the outer shell of the structure so that there is none of the clutter that one sees at so many F1 factories that have evolved over the years. Upstairs there is also the area where the Masters degree is taught. Villadelprat aims to produce graduates from the course who will be capable of running not only his operations but also teams of their own. It is a broad and impressive vision.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Las instalaciones son impresionantes, ahora queda recopilar los apoyos que segun Villadelprat tenía asegurados para 3 años.El éxito que pueda tener en la concrección de esos apoyos `puede depender de lo que haga este años el Hispania.Si logran terminar como el 10º equipo, se animarán a invertir en mayor medida que si termina el último.
Por otra parte, algo más tendrá que aportar además de las instalaciones para que la FIA esta vez sí, escoja su proyecto.Prodrive y Lola son 2 fuertes compañías con experiencia en esto.Y los restos del equipo Toyota están ahí, así que o Lola o Prodrive seguro que los compran.La cosa no sólo va a depender de las instalaciones, así que sería aconsejable que no lo volviera a jugar todo a esta baza...

--------------------
Web: http://www.quemandorueda.net/
Revistas: http://issuu.com/loganf1 http://issuu.com/quemandorueda
"With luck, you'll win some battles, with brains, you'll win the war..."
"Para la F1 sólo valen aquellos que piden el máximo y se lo exigen a si mismos"
"La F1 es un negocio de Lunes a Viernes y un deporte los fines de semana de carrera...y a veces, ni eso"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MisilRojo
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 10:53 AM
Publicado: #2

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 1.971

Desgraciadamente, y si algo hemos aprendido de la historia de HRT es que si no se seleccionó en su momento a Epsilon, entre otros motivos fue por el tema de la nacionalidad. Creo que algo sobre este tema comentó Carlos Gracia en Marca, en una entrevista. ?jala pueda mover sus contactos Gracia, y Epsilon esté la próxima temporada, pero... lo veo altamente improbable.

Lola o Prodrive son mis favoritos, además en este orden. wink.gif

--------------------
PDLR&HRT ... 2012

+Quote Post
LOGANF1
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 11:01 AM
Publicado: #3

LOGANF1

Usuario No.: 3.688

CITA(MisilRojo @ Mar 22 2010, 10:53 AM) *
Desgraciadamente, y si algo hemos aprendido de la historia de HRT es que si no se seleccionó en su momento a Epsilon, entre otros motivos fue por el tema de la nacionalidad. Creo que algo sobre este tema comentó Carlos Gracia en Marca, en una entrevista. ?jala pueda mover sus contactos Gracia, y Epsilon esté la próxima temporada, pero... lo veo altamente improbable.

Lola o Prodrive son mis favoritos, además en este orden. wink.gif

Lo que dijo Gracia es que cuando Villadelprat no consiguó concretar la compra de un equipo de F1 (Toro Rosso creo), y se puso con la idea de crear el suyo propio, Gracia ya había quemado sus naves haciendo campaña por Campos, así que se quedó con poco margen de maniobra politica salvo decirles a los de la FIA que fueran ellos los que fueran a ver las 2 factorias y decidieran...

Pero centremos esto en lo de la tamporada que viene, por favor, lo sucedido, sucedido está...ahora toca encarar las opciones para el año que viene.Stefan GP está desarmado (Toyota ya no le facilita el equipo), y Lola y Prodrive son muy buenas opciones...aunque siempre puede haber alguna sorpresa...

Equipos britanicos hay muchos...¿por qué tendría que haber otro más? angry.gif

--------------------
Web: http://www.quemandorueda.net/
Revistas: http://issuu.com/loganf1 http://issuu.com/quemandorueda
"With luck, you'll win some battles, with brains, you'll win the war..."
"Para la F1 sólo valen aquellos que piden el máximo y se lo exigen a si mismos"
"La F1 es un negocio de Lunes a Viernes y un deporte los fines de semana de carrera...y a veces, ni eso"

+Quote Post
Micho
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 03:01 PM
Publicado: #4

Advanced Member

De: Galicia
Usuario No.: 6.941

Equipos britanicos hay muchos...¿por qué tendría que haber otro más?

Es cierto, y no solo los que son "britanicos puros", sino que casi todas las escuderias tienen su base en Gran Bretaña (se salvan Sauber, Ferrari, Toro Rosso e Hispania, Mercedes esta a medio camino). Supongo que si se fijaran en la oportunidad de abrirse aun mas al mercado español, y en la competitividad del personal/infraestructuras de Epsilon, tendriamos ciertas opciones.

El problema es que la FIA tiende a barrer para casa, y por eso no es facil que gane Epsilon. Seguramente acaben siendo la escuderia reserva, pero bueno, mantengo mis esperanzas.

PD: Si sale, el duelo Hispania vs. Epsilon va a tener su miga laugh.gif

+Quote Post
tenista
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 03:15 PM
Publicado: #5

TENISTA

De: Meco-Madrid
Usuario No.: 3.906

Dependera de cual equipo se pliega mas a los requisitos del tito Bernie angry.gif

--------------------
"El Foro es y será, siempre, mi Segunda Casa"

"Modo Positivo ON"

"Pedro volverá"

+Quote Post
lemec
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 03:19 PM
Publicado: #6

Advanced Member

De: aqui y alla
Usuario No.: 6.140

CITA(LOGANF1 @ Mar 22 2010, 09:57 AM) *
The team is owned and run by Joan Villadelprat, who says that he was stuck in a classic chicken and egg situation last year as the FIA wanted proof of the teams financing and his sponsor wanted the guarantee of an entry before making a commitment.

(...)

Las instalaciones son impresionantes, ahora queda recopilar los apoyos que segun Villadelprat tenía asegurados para 3 años.

Pues ya no lo dice ... dry.gif

--------------------
"El objetivo de Villadelprat era estar en la F1, pero no crear un equipo nuevo"
Carlos Gracia. Presidente de la Federacion Española de Automovilismo.

"Even if I only get a place with a team at the back, I would rather that to being a test driver. Even racing in a bad car is better than testing,"

+Quote Post
MisilRojo
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 06:44 PM
Publicado: #7

Advanced Member

CITA(LOGANF1 @ Mar 22 2010, 11:01 AM) *
Lo que dijo Gracia es que cuando Villadelprat no consiguó concretar la compra de un equipo de F1 (Toro Rosso creo), y se puso con la idea de crear el suyo propio, Gracia ya había quemado sus naves haciendo campaña por Campos, así que se quedó con poco margen de maniobra politica salvo decirles a los de la FIA que fueran ellos los que fueran a ver las 2 factorias y decidieran...

Pero centremos esto en lo de la tamporada que viene, por favor, lo sucedido, sucedido está...ahora toca encarar las opciones para el año que viene.Stefan GP está desarmado (Toyota ya no le facilita el equipo), y Lola y Prodrive son muy buenas opciones...aunque siempre puede haber alguna sorpresa...

Equipos britanicos hay muchos...¿por qué tendría que haber otro más? angry.gif

LOGANF1 en mi opinión sí es relevante lo dicho por Gracia, y ni mucho menos era una referencia al pasado mi comentario, quizás no logré explicarme. La cuestión es si las naves que en su momento quemó Gracia están de nuevo recuperadas o aquel "favor" sigue pesando hoy en futuras decisiones de la FIA. Yo apuesto por esto segundo, más habiendo sólo una plaza.

Tenemos mucho peso en la Fórmula 1, sin lugar a dudas, Fernando, Hispania, Pedro, Alguersuari, Gracia... es fabuloso, pero no olvidemos dónde se asienta realmente el poder de este deporte. Veo complicado, por no decir imposible que haya dos escuderías con base en España la próxima temporada.

En todo caso, ójala salga, y si hay un mínimo resquicio, ójala Joan Villadelprat y su gente hayan aprendido no sólo a tener una excelente fábrica y un buen proyecto (en apariencia), sino también a moverse entre bastidores que es lo que les faltó en la anterior ocasión. Tendrán una durísima tarea si realmente quieren esa plaza.

--------------------
PDLR&HRT ... 2012

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Mar 22 2010, 09:01 PM
Publicado: #8

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 3.508

Mira que no me caía demasiado bien Joe Saward, a causa de lo que se publicaba en grandprix.com, pero este artículo que ha hecho sobre Epsilon Euskadi me ha encantado. Lo terminé de leer hace un momento en su blog y vine al foro para comentarlo. (Me han gustado mucho las fotos, muy amplio... y todo así muy blanco y minimalista me encanta).

Preguntan en su blog, en un comentario, que por qué perdieron contra USF1 y el periodista contesta que no tiene ni idea... En mi opinión, supongo que alguien hizo lobby por el equipo americano y se llevaron la plaza, aunque no tenían nada tangible, y han acabado quedando tremendamente mal.

+Quote Post
E.Fittipaldi
mensaje Apr 9 2010, 11:13 PM
Publicado: #9

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 6.787

Apuntando un nuevo candidato, Durango, pero que no les queda camino ni nada, porque si este año no se ha incrito para la GP2 donde participaba ...

http://www.sportlifepress.com/index.php?op...1&Itemid=99

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82765

--------------------

+Quote Post
ABCV
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 01:08 PM
Publicado: #10

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 4.826

Olvidaros de ver a Epsilon en la F1 a no ser que compre alguna de las plazas ya existentes.
Epsilon Euskadi tendrá seguramente uno de los mejores proyectos y de las mejores instalaciones de este mundillo. Mejor incluso que alguno de los presentes equipos de F1. Pero este año, ya hemos visto como se las gastan la FIA y Ecclestone. No van a hacer una selección por proyectos deportivos como debiera ser. Volverán a ir con el amiguismo por delante (así les ha ido, Manor vendida a Virgin, Campos en manos de Carabante y USF1 ni se ha olido) y en ese tema los favoritos son Stefan GP e incluso USF1, al que a buen seguro volverían a darle la plaza.
Epsilon ahora es un equipo honrado, que no le ríe las gracias a Ecclestone, que no monta el motor Cosworth por mera imposición, y eso es lo que le va a truncar la entrada en 2011 a pesar de que la merecen.

--------------------
Dicen que Magic es Alonso, pero el verdadero magic es Catalán y se llama Pedro

http://enfermosdelmotor.blogspot.com.es/

+Quote Post
BITTER
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 01:32 PM
Publicado: #11

Advanced Member

De: Seville, Spain
Usuario No.: 4.071

A mí me da que van a declarar el premio desierto como en los cerámenes de literatura en los que la calidad de las obras presentadas no son lo suficientemente buenas.

El año pasado, a estas alturas de la convocatoria ya se habían filtrado más nombres de equipos inscritos.

--------------------
-¿Cómo le gustaría ser recordado cuando lo deje?
-Como un tipo normal que le echó muchos huevos. (La Vanguardia, 07/02/2010)

+Quote Post
Sauber 2010
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 01:45 PM
Publicado: #12

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 6.758

Quizá esque no quieran inscribirse todavia. Epsilon yo creo que se quedará con la plaza de sustituto por si alguno falla al final. LOLA o PRODRIVE tienen todas las de ganar.

+Quote Post
Micho
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 02:00 PM
Publicado: #13

Advanced Member

Yo espero que no cojan otro equipo ingles, solo por que haya un poco de variedad. Es que, menos HRT, Toro Rosso, Ferrari y Sauber todos tienen su base em Inglaterra. Ya solo por cambiar un poco, podrian escoger un equipo "extranjero", aunque creo que eso sera poco mas que un milagro.

+Quote Post
Sauber 2010
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 02:33 PM
Publicado: #14

Advanced Member

Yo he pensado que si Durango tiene un buen proyecto, será casi seguro que lo cojan a él; me explico:
Italia sólo tiene un equipo grande que se lleva muchos mundiales y que está siempre arriba. Le podrian dar esta oportunidad para que los italianos vean una Scuderia más en el mundial (a parte de STR) y vean como va evolucionando y peleando con los nuevos.
No sé... es mi manera de ver.

+Quote Post
Micho
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 03:18 PM
Publicado: #15

Advanced Member

Sauber 2010, en parte estoy de acurdo contigo, pero en Italia no hay mas que Ferrari. Alli, el 90% de los aficionados a la F1 son fans de Ferrari, por lo que yo he visto alli dudo que otra escuderia pueda quitarle protagonismo.
Si que pienso que estaria bien abrirse a otros paises, y espero que el elegido sea España con Epsilon, pero tengo mis dudas.

+Quote Post
MisilRojo
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 06:50 PM
Publicado: #16

Advanced Member

Si se presenta un proyecto chino, ruso o de algún otro sitio exótico, estará el tema adjudicado. La FIA es lo que busca.

--------------------
PDLR&HRT ... 2012

+Quote Post
Sauber 2010
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 07:40 PM
Publicado: #17

Advanced Member

Una cosa es segura y es lo que yo haría: Quien más dinero tenga y proyecto deportivo aceptable deberia entrar, y no equipos exoticos que duren 1 o 2 temporadas. Eso es malo para el deporte y no aporta competitividad en el tiempo que está dentro, sinó todo lo contrario, estorba.

+Quote Post
Micho
mensaje Apr 10 2010, 08:36 PM
Publicado: #18

Advanced Member

Si se presenta un proyecto chino, ruso o de algún otro sitio exótico, estará el tema adjudicado. La FIA es lo que busca.

+1

Ojala lo mas "exotico" que haya sea Epsilon.

Una cosa es segura y es lo que yo haría: Quien más dinero tenga y proyecto deportivo aceptable deberia entrar, y no equipos exoticos que duren 1 o 2 temporadas. Eso es malo para el deporte y no aporta competitividad en el tiempo que está dentro, sinó todo lo contrario, estorba.

Sauber 2010, lo que dices tiene todo el sentido comun del mundo y seria lo mejor para la F1. Pero no es lo que quiere la FIA, ahora pretenden nuevos mercados. Mira la que estan montando en la India, por ejemplo.
Si siguieran los criterios que dices, no veriamos casos como los de USF1 o Stefan GP.

+Quote Post
Micho
mensaje Apr 12 2010, 02:14 PM
Publicado: #19

Advanced Member

http://www.virutasdegoma.com/2010/04/%C2%B...o-equipo-flipa/

Esta noticia no se si es una broma, o algo por el estilo, porque no me explico que unos neozelandeses que hacen lanchas se presenten como candidatos. Quiero creer que tienen infraestructuras y personal para ello, pero tengo mis dudas. Y espero que no le quiten la plaza a Epsilon, porque eso ya seria para enfadarse.

+Quote Post
`
mensaje Apr 15 2010, 10:25 AM
Publicado: #20

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 3.697

Prodrive rules out entering F1 in 2011

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, April 15th 2010, 09:16 GMT

Prodrive factoryProdrive has ruled out attempting to enter Formula 1 next season, as it has decided to focus on the World Rally Championship, the company announced on Thursday.

Prodrive was one of the teams that applied to enter the sport in 2010, but it didn't get one of the three new entries, which went to Manor, Campos and US F1.

The FIA has re-opened the selection process for the 2011 season, inviting teams to submit their applications to become the 13th entry.

Prodrive boss David Richards said on Friday, however, that his company will not be looking for an entry for 2011.

He said the struggles of the new teams this year have proved how hard entering Formula 1 is, and that Prodrive would only be interested in joining F1 to be competitive.

"Our current focus is on Prodrive's return to the World Rally Championship in 2011 and that alone takes significant resource to design and develop a totally new car," said Richards.

"Taking on the challenge of starting a brand new Formula 1 team, finding the necessary funding and developing the car from scratch is a massive undertaking and not to be under estimated.

"As expected, we've witnessed the financial and technical challenges that the new teams have faced this year in just getting to the grid, let alone being competitive and whilst I have enormous admiration for their efforts I don't believe this is an appropriate strategy for Prodrive or Aston Martin to adopt."

He added: "We've enjoyed a successful involvement in F1 in the past and respect the value it can create; we will therefore keep a close eye on developments in the championship.

"However, I have always made it very clear that the timing for a Prodrive entry would be judged on two criteria: that we could be competitive and that the business case would make it a financially viable proposition. Today, if we were to adopt the strategy of starting a new team, I don't believe it is possible to meet these two conditions."

Prodrive is yet to announce its exact WRC plans, but has been strongly linked to a project to bring the Mini brand back to top level rallying.

+Quote Post

11 Páginas V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 usuario(s) está(n) leyendo este tema (1 invitado(s) y 0 usuario(s) anónimo(s))
0 usuarios(s) registrado(s):

Fecha y Hora Actual: 26th April 2024 - 04:14 PM
© PEDRO DE LA ROSA - 2022