¡

BIENVENIDO, Invitado ( Identifícate | Registrase )

> Pedro News
Raquel
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Publicado: #1

Advanced Member

Grupo: Members
De: Sitges. (Barcelona)
Usuario No.: 3.717

McLaren.com:

17 February 2005 16:38

TEST REPORT BARCELONA, DAY 3
Date: Thursday, February 17th, 2005
Driver: Pedro de la Rosa
Weather: Sunny with a slight breeze.
Air temperature approx. 12 degrees celsius
Track temperature approx. 14 degrees celsius
Laps run: Pedro de la Rosa 112 laps
Kilometres covered: Pedro de la Rosa 518 km
Best lap time of the day: Pedro de la Rosa, 1m14.543s
Best lap time of Team McLaren Mercedes driver: Pedro de la Rosa, 1m14.543s
Duration of test: Three days

Team McLaren Mercedes completed its three day testing programme at the Circuit de Catalunya today.

Pedro de la Rosa was present at the final day of testing, his programme concentrating on calibrating the car for the forthcoming Australian Grand Prix. Pedro set the fastest time today, completing 112 laps of the circuit, with a fastest time of 1m14.543s.

Over the course of the week, the three drivers present at the test, Pedro, Kimi and Juan Pablo completed a total of 2,073 km. Pedro set the fastest lap time of the week of the Team McLaren Mercedes drivers with a 1m14.543s lap today.

This week’s test has involved the race team rather than test team personnel, with all equipment used over a race weekend set up at the track. The first day saw Kimi and Juan Pablo in action, however an accident for Kimi in the afternoon during the final phase of a planned grand prix simulation resulted in heavy damage to the car and the team taking the precaution that he would not test the following day. The cause of the accident was a foreign body which got jammed between the brake caliper and the inside of a wheel rim and machined a groove into the rim which caused an immediate failure. Juan Pablo completed 71 laps with a fastest lap time of 1m15.400s. Kimi completed 83 laps of the circuit before his accident and his fastest time was 1m15.229s.

Pedro de la Rosa deputised for Kimi on the second day of the test, and he and Juan Pablo were both concentrating on durability and calibration of the car for the Australian Grand Prix. The start of Pedro’s running was delayed while the mechanics worked to repair Kimi’s damaged car to allow him to drive, and he completed his first installation lap at 13:35. Pedro completed 63 laps, while Juan Pablo completed 119 laps with no reported problems. Pedro’s fastest time was a 1m16.134s lap and Juan Pablo’s fastest lap time was a 1m16.197s lap.

Martin Whitmarsh, CEO, Formula One, Team McLaren Mercedes

“This week has seen another productive test, with the race team taking over duties from the test team to allow us to iron out any issues before the Australian Grand Prix. The strength and durability of the cars meant that Kimi was able to walk away from his accident with no more than a bruised thumb, and the mechanics did an excellent job to repair the car and allow Pedro to continue with the planned programme for the final two days of the test.”

Norbert Haug, Vice President, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport

“Our final test with the MP4-20 before the start of the season in 17 days in Melbourne gave positive results to the entire team. On the second test day Juan Pablo did 119 laps and 551 km without any problems which was encouraging. Kimi had an accident on the first day of testing which was not his mistake and thankfully he walked away with a bruised thumb only. The mechanics did a superb job in repairing the car overnight, allowing Pedro to continue the next day and achieving almost a Grand Prix distance with the car. On the last day Pedro posted the fastest lap time with this car during the course of the day and ran a total of 112 laps or 518 km. In the meantime the team members in Woking, Brixworth and Stuttgart continued their challenging work to get everything ready for the first race in Australia. During the course of the preparations we put a total of a little less than 6,600 km on the new MP4-20 and we achieved several successful long runs with the new engines leading up to more than 1,800 km on an engine. Everybody in the team has had a very stressful last four months, and a good result in the first race would be the best reward for all of us.”

Next week Team McLaren Mercedes will test in Valencia from February 21-23. Alex Wurz and Pedro will be present over all three days, piloting MP4-19Bs. The focus of this test will be on tyres for the forthcoming Bahrain Grand Prix and software components.

--------------------
"I am an artist; the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush." - GRAHAM HILL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pethead
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 02:17 AM
Publicado: #2

De: Sweden
Usuario No.: 3.704

Thanks for the translations!! Great stuff!
Please keep ém coming! Yesterday I read that Alex Wurz want to have a receposition and perhaps want to leave McLaren for 2006 season... I suppose that leaves a big opening for PDLR!

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 03:28 AM
Publicado: #3

Advanced Member

Usuario No.: 3.508

Yes, it seems that Wurz is not happy with the present situation.

I think Pedro will try to shine with his role of third driver this first races, to consolidate his position in McLaren and perhaps with some luck he will be racing in 2006 with a middle team.

Possibly Pedro and Wurz are looking for the same objective, be third driver in McLaren and fight for a place in the 2006 starting grid (Dubai F1 team?). At this moment, it seems that Pedro is winning.

Sorry for my English, .

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 03:37 AM
Publicado: #4

Advanced Member

One more thing, are not translations. Our English it's not so good.

+Quote Post
Pethead
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 04:16 AM
Publicado: #5

No problems PCA, your English is as good as mine! Thanks, once again!

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 06:06 AM
Publicado: #6

Advanced Member

2/18/2005

LAST TESTS OF PEDRO DE LA ROSA BEFORE THE GP OF AUSTRALIA

Pedro de la Rosa will be testing the next week in the Circuit Ricardo Tormo of Valencia to finalize details before the Grand Prix of Australia. De la Rosa will initiate the tests along with Alex Wurz on Monday and both will be in the Valencian track until Wednesday.

The drivers of McLaren Mercedes will drive the MP4/19B the three days of tests, whereas the new single-seater will be officially released the 6 of March in Melbourne.

+Quote Post
Raquel
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 06:55 AM
Publicado: #7

Advanced Member

17 OF FEBRUARY OF 2005 PEDRO OF the ROSE crono in 1:14.542 PUTS the BATTERIES to HIM To the MP4/20 FOR AUSTRALIA Pedro of the Rose has obtained today in Montmeló the best mark of the day to controls of the MP4/20 stopping and completing the work anticipated in spite of the accident of Tuesday of the Finn Kimi Raikkonen. The Spanish pilot has made, between afternoon of yesterday and today, 175 returns without no kind of problems. The next time that McLaren MP4/20 goes to track will be in the semi-urban layout of Albert Park. "the balance of these tests is very positive because the car has been demonstrated fast and trustworthy. We have been able to accumulate many kilometers and I believe that this year we go very well prepared for Melbourne." It is possible to emphasize that Of the Rose he is the only pilot of McLaren Mercedes who has rolled in the days of 1:14 in tests which they have been developed this week in the Catalan layout. The new asphalt has been taking adhesion as the single-seaters have rolled, which has done the route fastest day to day. The new car of this season is being very fast and stable in track and it has not either had any problem of motor during all the preseason. In the three days of tests, Pedro of the Rose, Juan Pablo Montoya and Kimi Raikkonen has added 447 returns and the MP4/20 like one of the cars is outlined to beat this season next to Renault and Ferrari, in this order. Of the thirteen pilots today in track, second the controls of their Renault have had left GianCar it Fisichella, 1:14.608, and third Rubens Barrichello, 1:14.641. TIMES OF TODAY, Thursday 17 of February: Pilot Equipment Time Returned 1. Pedro of the McLaren Rose Mercedes (m) 1:14.542 112 2. Giancar It Fisichella Renault (m) 1:14.608 121 3. Rubens Barrichello Ferrari (cool.gif 1:14.641 111 4. Michael Schumacher Ferrari (cool.gif 1:14.920 78 5. Christian Klien Network Bull Racing (m) 1:14.982 46 6. Fernando Alonso Renault (m) 1:15.021 104 7. David Coulthard Network Bull Racing (m) 1:15.094 76 8. Nick Heidfeld Williams BMW (m) 1:15.578 78 9. Vitantonio Liuzzi Network Bull Racing (m) 1:15.656 82 10. Antonio Pizzonia Williams BMW (m) 1:15.794 99 11. Ralf Schumacher Williams BMW (m) 1:16.281 82 12. Narain Karthikeyan Jordan (cool.gif 1:17.589 74 13. Tiago Monteiro Jordan (cool.gif 1:18.372 43 Source: Circuit de Catalunya

I wish you a very nice weekend!

--------------------
"I am an artist; the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush." - GRAHAM HILL

+Quote Post
Raquel
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 07:01 AM
Publicado: #8

Advanced Member

Pardon, the text has been copied without differentiating the paragraphs. I feel it

--------------------

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 07:41 AM
Publicado: #9

Advanced Member

Pedro of the Rose????

I think it would be better not to use a translation tool, and then copy directly here. I think this operation it's very easy for our friends of the English forum and they don't need our help to do it.

In the future, a little summary with the most important of the Spanish news section and a "human" translation to English it will be enough.

It's just my opinion, .

+Quote Post
Raquel
mensaje Feb 19 2005, 07:44 AM
Publicado: #10

Advanced Member

Sorry...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pethead
mensaje Feb 20 2005, 04:06 AM
Publicado: #11

A summary is quite enough, thanks! What are Pedro´s chances of getting a seat for 2006? Does he have any sponsors or is pure talent enough these days? I hope pure talent, but it´s very though to get a seat out there! Hasn´t Pedro got some big Petrol Company-sponsors, i´m sure I read it somewhere?

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 20 2005, 05:52 AM
Publicado: #12

Advanced Member

When Pedro was in Arrows, and before like tester in Jordan, he had the support of Repsol, the Spanish oil company, (it's not a public company).

At this moment Pedro, and since he left Arrows, has not any support from any sponsor. I think Repsol is interested in F1, but perhaps with a younger spanish driver.

The chances of getting a seat for 2006 are not very high . Pedro believes that this role of third driver on Fridays will help him to get a seat... but it's not easy. Without a sponsor the most likely option is Team Dubai F1, which is only a project.

Pedro doesn't want to drive to Jordan or Minardi, so sponsors are not important. If he doesn't find a good seat, i.e. middle team, he prefers to be tester of a big team like McLaren.

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 22 2005, 03:31 AM
Publicado: #13

Advanced Member

2/21/2005

DE LA ROSA, FASTEST IN VALENCIA

Pedro de la Rosa has done today its first day of tests in the Circuit Ricardo Tormo of Valencia. The Spanish has obtained the best time with a crono of 1:09.023 and has been the driver who has run more distance with a total of 125 laps. His teammate Alex Wurz has finalized the day second, with a time of 1:09.053 and 107 laps. Both McLaren drivers have been testing with the car of last season, MP4/19B, with new adaptations.

De la Rosa will continue testing tomorrow and on Wednesday in the track of Valencia to complete the testing programme that McLaren Mercedes has planned before the GP of Australia.

1. Pedro de la Rosa McLaren Mercedes (M) 1:09.023 125
2. Alex Wurz McLaren Mercedes (M) 1:09.053 107
3. Michael Schumacher Ferrari (cool.gif 1:11.338 90
4. Mark Webber Williams BMW (M) 1:11.513 81
5. Rubens Barrichello Ferrari (cool.gif 1:11. 672 84

Source of the testing times: Circuit Ricardo Tormo of Valencia.

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 22 2005, 04:38 PM
Publicado: #14

Advanced Member

21 February 2005 18:06

TEST REPORT, VALENCIA - DAY ONE
Date: Monday 21st February 2005
Drivers: Pedro de la Rosa and Alex Wurz
Weather: Overcast and cold with a slight breeze.
Air temperature 15 degrees Celsius
Track temperature 22 degrees Celsius
Laps run: Pedro de la Rosa 128 Laps
Alex Wurz 107 laps
Kilometres covered: Pedro de la Rosa 504 km
Alex Wurz 422 km
Best lap time of the day: Pedro de la Rosa 1m09.030s
Best lap times of Team McLaren Mercedes drivers: Pedro de la Rosa 1m09.030s (1st)
Alex Wurz 1m09.047s (2nd)
Duration of test: Three days

The Team McLaren Mercedes team commenced its final test before the start of the 2005 FIA Formula One World Championship in Australia on Sunday 6th March, at the Valencia circuit in the South of Spain today.

Pedro de la Rosa and Alex Wurz were in action, both behind the wheel of the team’s interim MP4-19B cars, as the MP4-20s for the 2005 season returned to the McLaren Technology Centre to be stripped and rebuilt before leaving for Australia on Friday 25th January, following their final test in Barcelona last week.

This week’s test is another multi-team session, with Ferrari and Williams also present. Today’s session saw red flag’s halting running three times. Despite this, the Team McLaren Mercedes team were able to complete a number of long runs during the course of the first day at the 3.940 km Valencia circuit. Both drivers completed a combined total of approximately 926 km - three times a Grand Prix distance.

The programme for both drivers concentrated on simulating the Friday of a Grand Prix weekend, including the morning and afternoon practice sessions. This included tyre comparison work with both Pedro and Alex swapping between the prime and option Michelins during the course of the day.

Pedro set the fastest time today (1m09.030). Meanwhile Alex finished second out of the five drivers at the track being just 0.017 of a second slower than Pedro (1m09.047s), putting in 107 laps. Neither driver had any reported problems.

PEDRO DE LA ROSA
“We completed another constructive session today in Valencia in the interim cars. This test is of course the final session before we race for the first time in Australia in 12 days time, and we spent the day simulating all the running that will take place on the Friday of a Grand Prix, obtaining some useful results.”

ALEX WURZ
“We have put in a significant number of miles today, although we are using the MP4-19B’s we are continuing to test hard to take advantage of all track time before the Australian Grand Prix. We have a good set of data from today and are looking forward to building on it tomorrow.”

Source: http://www.mclaren.co.uk

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 23 2005, 02:00 AM
Publicado: #15

Advanced Member

2/22/2005

PEDRO DE LA ROSA WILL TRAIN TOMORROW IN VALENCIA

The team McLaren Mercedes has not been able to test today in the Circuit Ricardo Tormo because the teams has reached an agreement to not train at the same time in two circuits.

Kimi Raikkonen has trained today in Silverstone with the MP4/20, whereas Pedro de la Rosa and Alex Wurz will test tomorrow in Valencia with MP4/19B units.

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Feb 24 2005, 02:38 AM
Publicado: #16

Advanced Member

2/22/2005

LAST TEST OF PEDRO DE LA ROSA BEFORE AUSTRALIA

Pedro de la Rosa has tested today in the track of Ricardo Tormo in spite of the intense rain that has fallen during all the day. De la Rosa has obtained the third best time, 1:24.309, with rain tires and has been able to complete a total of 17 laps.

It has been the last test day for De la Rosa before the Grand Prix of Australia, where he will be driving on Friday as third driver of the team McLaren Mercedes.

1. Michael Schumacher Ferrari (cool.gif 1:21.766 58
2. Rubens Barrichello Ferrari (cool.gif 1:23.636 14
3. Pedro de la Rosa McLaren Mercedes (M) 1:24.309 17
4. Nick Heidfeld BMW Williams (M) 1:26.582 60

Source of the times: Circuit Ricardo Tormo

+Quote Post
Pethead
mensaje Feb 25 2005, 12:07 AM
Publicado: #17

Thanx Rca! Keep the new comin´!

+Quote Post
Pethead
mensaje Feb 25 2005, 12:07 AM
Publicado: #18

Thanx Rca! Keep the new comin´!

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Mar 2 2005, 05:14 PM
Publicado: #19

Advanced Member

3/1/2005

"Australia wil be a very special GP for me because although I’m not going to drive on Sunday, I’ll help the Fridays. I have improved my situation respect last year. The team will value my work on Sunday, when the race finishes. My work will be focused in helping the team to choose the better tyres."

Quote of Pedro from Australian Grand Prix Preview:

http://www.pedrodelarosa.com/angles/news.a...484&ult=484

+Quote Post
pca
mensaje Mar 4 2005, 08:20 PM
Publicado: #20

Advanced Member

3/4/05

Interview with PDLR
Pedro de la Rosa discusses topping the Friday times and more. By Adam Cooper

De La Rosa: Back on top

The appearance of Pedro de la Rosa's name at the top of the timing screens at the end of second practice in Melbourne did raise too many smiles in the garages of rival teams. They certainly didn't need such an obvious a reminder about the windfall McLaren have earned this year, thanks to finishing fifth in the World Championship last year.

The rule that allows teams to run third cars was designed when there was a 'natural' top four of Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Renault. Nobody really expected that any of that group would be able to benefit, but BAR's surge up the order last year – ironically assisted in part by Anthony Davidson's Friday efforts – contributed to McLaren dropping into the third driver comfort zone.

The new rules make the Friday driver even more useful than last year. The need to restrict engine miles of the two race cars is obvious, but changes to the tyre regs also mean third cars are priceless.

The team's choice of de la Rosa to handle the testing chores came as a surprise to some, and it seemed logical that old hand Alex Wurz would get the job. But unlike Wurz, Pedro was out running test miles in the 2005 car at an early stage, and the engineers were more than happy to have continuity and have him on hand at the races.

The chance to perform in a top team has come as a lifeline to de la Rosa, who had a frustrating career at Arrows and Jaguar. At neither team did things really fall in his favour, and twice he was left without a job despite having a contract.

Q . You took the quickest time from Michael Schumacher right at the end of the session. Was that a good feeling after two years of testing?

De la Rosa : "Yes it is. It's a strange feeling, first of all. It's nice to be here and have the opportunity to drive a competitive car on a Friday, because it's easier to do a good lap time. But nevertheless, you have to do it. It feels good, especially after two years without racing. The problem we have as test drivers is that you are always testing in the same tracks. You go in Jerez, Barcelona, Valencia, do thousands of laps, and you forget that there are other tracks and you have to adapt to them and learn them. You need to keep the feeling alive, otherwise you just know three or four circuits, and that's it."

Q . How did the day go for you?

De la Rosa : "I'm satisfied especially because we went through the whole programme. It was very ambitious at the beginning, but we actually worked very well on both sets of tyres, achieving two long runs at the end. It's the most important thing, doing a longer run when there's more rubber, and trying to figure out what the degradation on the tyres is. I'm here to help Kimi and Juan Pablo. My job today has been mainly doing long runs, and this will help them pick the right tyre for tomorrow. That's basically it – we haven't been able to do more. The track is changing a lot, it was very dirty to start with and in the first session we did didn't do long runs. We left them for the second session when it was more representative of the race."

Q . You had a moment with one of the Jordans. Was that a little worrying?

De la Rosa : "I thought that he let me go by. I was going and he closed the door, and we just slightly touched. I had to go off and come back. After that the car was OK. I was really worried, because there was a lot of traffic on my long runs. You have to push every lap, because there's no point in long runs doing one slow lap, cooling down the tyres, and pushing again. Then you are fooling yourself. That's why I had to overtake him, and I thought he was letting me by. It didn't work out, but it's no problem."

Q . Was it a surprise to you when Alex Wurz didn't get the Friday job, after all his years with the team?

De la Rosa : "No, I never assumed that it was Alex. I assumed that he was on pole position for the job, because he had been here for a long time. But at the end of the day it's a team decision, and at the end of the day if I get this opportunity it's mainly because I've done a good job in testing, otherwise I wouldn't get it. I'm sorry for him, but there's only place for one. I'm happy to be here and have the opportunity, but I honestly don't know how many races I will do. All I know is I will do the first three, and after that the team will take a decision. I just have to do a good job for them in these few races. And after if it's Alex, good, if it's me, it's better."

Q . Will doing the Friday job help to raise your profile?

De la Rosa : "It's always easier if you're on a Friday than if you're not. It makes you move closer, and they can compare you with other drivers. And all the team bosses are here, the media. I've had really good test days when nobody noticed my laps times. You're testing in a racing environment, and normally you're testing in a testing environment. Team bosses don't go to tests! Still, it's only Friday running, and we shouldn't get too excited about it."

Q . Are you frustrated that people will inevitably say that you're quick because you're on a different agenda?

De la Rosa : "They will always say that. I only have to do what I did in the second session today, which is two long runs on old tyres, and I think that's what we're going to do all year. It's always like that, there will always be guys who say he does more laps than the rest, but you still have to do the lap time!"

Q . How focussed are you on getting back to racing?

De la Rosa : "I'm really not thinking about racing at the moment. I just have to do a good job for the team. And my job cannot be evaluated on Friday, it has to be evaluated at 4pm on Sunday after the race, to see if I have picked the right tyre, and how quick were Kimi and Juan Pablo. If the team is competitive and wins races and wins the championship, I will be very much closer to a race drive, because then my job has been solid and good. But being quick on Friday doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't get carried away by that."

Q . You've driven some bad McLarens in the last couple of years. How good is this car?

De la Rosa : "This car has been quick straight out of the box, we really haven't done much set-up work, because we've been concentrating on reliability. I would say it's competitive. It can be more competitive or should be more competitive in the future when we do more testing. Let's see on Sunday. We shouldn't underestimate Renault, and especially Ferrari. If they're competitive with their old car, then we should be really worried. We're in good shape, but other teams are also. I think it's very open at the moment. I think the only thing we have to do is concentrate on ourselves, pick the right tyre, don't make stupid decisions, and get on with it."

Source: Autosport.com

+Quote Post

4 Páginas V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
14 usuario(s) está(n) leyendo este tema (14 invitado(s) y 0 usuario(s) anónimo(s))
0 usuarios(s) registrado(s):

Fecha y Hora Actual: 28th March 2024 - 10:40 AM
© PEDRO DE LA ROSA - 2022